Sunday, April 25, 2010

Faith and Hope

Putting your faith in anything is difficult. Most people aren’t willing to risk failure or embarrassment for the possibility of success. We want the good life, but aren’t willing to take risks to achieve goals. We avoid potential success because potential failure is worse. Fear of failure outweighs Hope for success.

Fear outweighs Hope?

Similarly, we won’t have faith because misplaced trust can be painful. We don’t want to get hurt. I think everyone has put their trust or faith in someone and been let down. Gotten hurt. Instead of not having faith in just that person anymore, we begin transferring that mistrust in every Faith situation. And you have to admit, just about everything is a Faith situation. Isn't there a saying, "nothing is certain except death and taxes"? Anything that isn't certain requires Faith. How far does one extend that lack of Faith? Atheism?

Fear outweighs Hope and Faith?

It would seem to conquer Fear you would need to strengthen your Hope and Faith. How, then, do you accomplish that? Lack of faith and hope isn't limited to faith in God. I currently struggle with having faith in myself and feeling hopeful about my life in general.

For me: Reading my Bible, being grateful, praying and focusing on others are a few of the ways I feel I increase my hope and faith on a daily basis. I know that when I don't give attention to these things I feel my fears and anxieties rise.

Please leave your suggestions for increasing hope and faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment