Friday, February 10, 2012

Pathetic effort.

So, I thought I could use Pinterest to boost my effort to write more frequently. Epic fail. It amazed me, though, how thoroughly linking something I liked, Pinterest, to something I procrastinated, writing, sucked the fun and attention right out of the thing I liked. I can't tell you the last time I logged on to pinterest. Aversion therapy at its finest. I remember the Lung Association coming to a place I worked to do a workshop on smoking cessation. This was about 20 years ago and although I went to the class I really had no intention of quitting smoking. Aversion therapy was one of their methods. They referred to it as negative association. The idea was that you wear a rubber band around your wrist and every time you thought of smoking you would SNAP the crap out of your own arm. Therefore, creating the negative association of pain and smoking. Yeah, I didn't try it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I mocked the people who did try it. I wonder if I could use aversion therapy to sever ties with Facebook the way I cut off pinterest. Hmmmm.

I think I must try.

I will write commentary on things people post on Facebook. My goal is to write once a week. Seems easy enough, right? Well, it hasn't been. How can I love to write and yet when I try to write consistently it becomes something I avoid like cleaning the toilets!?

Hopefully one of two things will happen here. Either I will begin to write more consistently or I will begin to avoid Facebook. I would consider either outcome a win.


Good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Moderation.
    Wife, mom, christian, blogger, facebooker, pinterester.. etc
    Quality over quantity could explain your underlying aversion to extreme ideals. ?? Lighten up and enjoy. -Yo Bro D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete