Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ridiculous!

I hope that all my Pinterest endeavors aren't this difficult.

















So I was mega excited about my first choice - Spice clips. I thought it was simple with the potential for exemplary impact and success. Mostly because this is my plethora of spices:





Ridiculous! Let me just say. Of this lot, I use 5 or maybe 6 of these on a regular basis. We are not great cooks in this house but we get by and most of us do NOT bake. I find that if you bake, you eat and while I am a fan of the eating I am not a friend to the after effects. I was surprised to find in my supplies: corriander (no idea what to put this on), cream of tartar - it does not go on fish - at least not in its powdered state, and STICK cinnamon - I have no recollection of this entering our home. But those don't get to me as much as these: 4 bottles of cloves, FOUR! 2 gigantic bottles of dried sage, 2 cumin, 2 poppy seed, 2 dill weed and 2 ginger. OMG! And! AND...we have enough freaking ground cinnamon to hand down to my children's children's children. I am not kidding!

Great. Simple, easy selection to ease myself into this writing gig. Uhhhh, fail. I went out with Arty to pick up my super handy spice clips and after 2 hours and 3 stores, nada. Nope, they didn't exist. Home Depot, Target, Bed-Bath, not a single clip strip (trying to copyright this handy dandy term as it seems no one has heard of it but it sounds like marketing magic to me!) to be found.

No problem, Google or Amazon will hook me up. Problem...they are on back order. What the heck! Did everyone on Pinterest have the same spice conundrum as me?? Dang it! But then...wait a minute. It must be said - I love google. Spice organizer. Check. Images. Check. WOW! Look at all these options. So 45 minutes later I have placed my order and finally! today I have my first installment.

Voila!!





And guess what...they are in alphabetical order! Gasp!!


So, I still plan to use the spice clips (when they get here sometime in February). I am going to put my fave 6 most used spices in the clips. They are, in alphabetical order, creole seasoning, garlic salt, (perfect pinch) parmesan herb, popcorn seasoning - white cheddar, (grill mates) roasted garlic & herb and (morton's) season all. PSA - the white cheddar is only 2 calories per serving. B00-Yah! (or however that is spelled).

Whew. Honestly, that was stressful. But my spices are alphabetical so there ya go. This gets a resounding thumbs up for me.

Next up.....









It's time to fix those knotted, uncomfortable fleece blankets that we don't use because without fail those knots get up under ya and creep into those dark nether regions where blanket knots do not belong.

1 comment:

  1. Um you DO have the word SAGE on your kitchen wall ;)

    ReplyDelete